Minifig Collector's Series

It is hard to believe that they actually did it. I've written before about how I would love to see Lego get more into the collector's market. They will likely be playing it safe, of course, equal numbers of figs produced, but if this is successful, who knows what they will do next?

And why would it not be successful? Well, just because something sells well does not mean it is profitable. These figs are completely unique. Unique printing, unique accessories, unique packaging...all of that uniqueness comes with a cost.

But who knows?

I do not think I will be seeing these on any shelves in my area. I know that if they come to say, 20-25 figs to a box, I will be buying boxes at a time, or at least half a a box at a time...

The problem is that other collectors will be doing the same.

Anyway, it is nice to see Lego "go there" finally.

Comments

Popular Posts