Inconsistency

It is just the way I am, I guess. Sometimes I can make blog posts daily for a few weeks, sometimes I have to make do with several at once after missing a month or more. Sure, it is exactly what blog tutorials tell you NOT to do, but that is what I am doing.

Sure, I have Google ads, but it's more because I wanted to go through the process as a learning experience than anything. I had, and still have, no real desire to make money off of something like this, I just figured "Why not?"

Honestly, I don't even know If I've made any money. I don't even remember where I need to go to find out. If I have made some money, would it be more than a few pennies even after all this time? I vaguely remember that Adsense pays out after a blog reaches a certain dollar amount and I have not received any checks from them, so I would assume the answer is a resounding NO.

Someday I might remove the ads and learn to place custom backgrounds on my blogs, but right now I just can't be bothered to do so.

And what about my Lego building? Have I maintained the proliferation as I wanted to? Nope, I have not. I have built a few "bots" and two starfighters and have started another ship of sorts, but it's taken me over a month to do that.

I have, on the other hand, begun to keep a sketch pad near me at all times. I've grown tired of looking for new places to find unique inspiration, so now I'm making my own. Yesterday I was supposed to sketch twenty unique designs, which would be followed up by a few more days of the same. I did twelve. Then I put the book down and played Combat Arms for an hour or so. Then I discovered some more introspective Lego blogs via twee effect. Now I've been inspired to add some posts to my own blog(s).

So, there it is, the life of an inconsistent AFOL, I guess.

Comments

Popular Posts