Nnenn Cookies Final


Here we have the entire month showcased, including the Torrent and the Boomer. Both of these Mocs pleased me. After I built them I was actually reluctant to end the challenge.

My over-all impressions of the month.

I'm proud of my efforts. It is difficult to impress people these days so it's important to make sure you're doing something like this for yourself and no one else. There are a lot of AFOLs who are only interested in MOCs that push boundaries and inspire them. To convince yourself that it doesn't matter what they think and that it is ok to produce a large quantity of less-than-spectacular MOCs is not an easy thing to do.

I went into this challenge knowing that most of the models would be less than impressive and that someone would say so.

The fact is that not everyone can be nnenn or Sandlin or Stafford...or any of the other great builders who only seem to produce awesome MOCs. Most of us are mediocre at best and will always be so. Some of us can get better, but unless you can build original designs as well as you can use current techniques, you will not ever be more than average.

It would be nice to be one of those awesome builders (it'd be nice to be a rock star or hollywood hunk also) but I'm satisfied with where I am at. The important thing to me is to be able to build the MOCs that I want to see. Sure, I like nnenn's work well enough, and Sandlin was my first inspiration, but they are only reminders that it is possible to build the stuff that I really want to see.

It's the same with anything else too. If you are unhappy with Hollywood, or the current sci-fi selection at the bookstore, maybe it's time to do some probing and see if you can produce the stuff you actually want to see or read (or hear, in the case of music, I make up my own music often when I'm sick of the same old tunes).

This challenge has taken me places in the Lego hobby I never thought I could get to. If this event has inspired you to do anything similiar, I would love to hear about it (and cheer you on!).

Comments

Popular Posts