Bricklink Temptations

The past few days I've been going through Bricklink with the intention of ordering some parts in colors that I am lacking.

The problem is that those colors are still somewhat new and so they are a little on the rare side. Also, because they are still somewhat new, lots of other builders are trying to build their rare color supplies as well. As a result, most American Bricklink stores are sorely lacking in these parts, creating a demand and causing an inflation of prices. Meanwhile, some foreign stores are swimming in these parts, which are more reasonably priced, IF you don't mind paying up to four times or more in shipping costs which, of course, would defeat the purpose of paying the cheaper price.

But I have ideas that I would very much like to build with those colors. But looking at various shopping carts that I have tabbed to compare my options, the costs are just too limiting. In some cases, only eight parts cost over $20.

To make matters worse, I'm not even sure what parts I will need or even want to use in my ideas. So I could easily find myself ordering parts that will never be used and be forced to place still more overly-expensive orders.

The proper thing to do is obvious. I MUST summon the patience to actually build the model(s) first as prototypes, THEN place orders for the actual parts in the colors I want.

In the meantime, I still have my other works-in-progress that I simply can't seem to find the motivation to complete. Maybe if I stopped watching T.V. for awhile I could do something more creative with that time.

Comments

Popular Posts