The End of the Journey

So I managed to finish all thirty Vic Vipers.

I still had to edit them and name them.

Naming was going to be pretty easy, or so I thought. I was just going to pull up a list of Japanese flowers and name most of them that way. But that wasn't so easy after all. Most of the lists I found only had a dozen or so words. Something I overlooked in that plan was the fact that most flowers are named after their colors. And so most of the lists I pulled up were useless with all the pinks and other duplication.

What about butterflies? I found a couple I could use.

What about gems and minerals? Again, a few worked ok.

But after two days of searching, and some of my own creativity, I managed to get all thirty Vic Vipers named.

Then the editing. Turns out, my early photoshoots at the beginning of the project weren't so good. I was missing some important shots. But I was able to do a little editing magic and got most of the shots that I needed. I have six profile shots of all but one vic, that one only has five, somehow. These will be put together as schematics, like nnenn did and then loaded to Brickshelf. Throughout this past month I didn't load anything up on Brickshelf, but everything will be resized to a smaller, more manageable frame and placed there.

A HUGE shout-out to Peter Morris. He was there from the beginning. Available to bounce concerns off and talk about some stuff. He encouraged me when I was in doubt.

For some people this might not be a big deal. But it was important for me to do this. To see it through and pull off the big finish. A lot of people probably didn't like these Models very much, they weren't very detailed and had no functionality beyond the hinged windshields. Some very obviously could have benefited from some more time on the shelf and a Bricklink order or two. But most importantly, I'm not nnenn. Or any other of the builders I've drawn inspiration from in the past. I'm not as good as they are, I never have been and likely never will be. Sure, I like some attention, but I know where I stand in this "hobby". At the end of the day, I do what I like and I do it for me. Sometimes I even like what I've done.

If you ever want to do something like this, just remember, nnenn did it in about six weeks, it took me about six months...your results may very.

Comments

Popular Posts